Can I Change The Situation:part 2
Difficult people aren't going to change just to make you feel better. The worst chance of getting someone else to change occurs when you're so angry, frustrated, and fed up that you lose your composure and demand change.
Your best chance of creating change occurs if the following things are present:
- You have a personal connection with the person.
- You have earned his/her respect.
- You've discreetly tested the waters and found a possibility they may be a bit open to change.
- You've received signals they want to change.
- You aren't afraid or intimidated.
- The two of you are fairly equal in power. If the difficult person is in a dominant position, such as being your boss, your status is too imbalanced.